Winter narcissus flowers

Winter narcissus flowers
Merry Christmas!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Welcome to my world of Global Cuisine

Welcome to my world of Global Cuisine! My mother was raised in Canada, my father in South Carolina. My maternal grandparents were Ukrainian, my husband is a Mexican American from Arizona. We've lived in Texas for 20 years, but I've lived at times in the Pacific Northwest, France and Ecuador.  My daughter has lived in Argentina and South Korea; our friends are from Colombia, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand and Australia, Spain and many more.

While I grew up with cream, butter, sugar and starches as my staples, my palate has expanded to include the wonderful fruits, grains, vegetables, beans, and meats that I've had the pleasure to taste during my travels around the world. My friends have helped to expand my culinary horizons to include healthy foods such as olive oil and whole grains. I love to re-create the gastronomical delights that I have sampled over the years in my own kitchen. I hope you enjoy my recipes.

Spanish Grilled Shrimp


Have ready:
2 lbs large shrimp, peeled & de-veined

Blend the following ingredients in a blender until well blended:
2 tbsp. dry sherry
3 tbsp capers
1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp caper liquid (from the jar)
Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1 -2 tbsp.)
Grated zest from 1 lemon (about 1-2 tsp.)

Next add in a slow steady stream while blender is on:
1 cup olive oil (extra virgin is best)

Pour the marinade and the cleaned shrimp into a large plastic zippered bag (or covered dish) to marinate for 1 to 3 hours. Turn often to coat all the shrimp pieces.


Remove shrimp from marinade and grill or broil for 1-2 minutes on each side. 


Serve on a platter arranged with lemon wedges and capers. Serves 6 to 8.








No comments:

Post a Comment