Winter narcissus flowers

Winter narcissus flowers
Merry Christmas!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Local Summer squash

Today, just after I had picked up my weekly organic produce delivery, I met a friend and gave away the eggplant, the basil and some peppers before I had a chance to take a photo of this week's vegetables.

Next week my plan is to take a picture before giving half away! The weekly delivery has proven so bountiful that I am forced to give a lot away -- Dan & I can't eat it all.  Tonight we will have the tatume squash, the cucumber and the peppers; I think I'll give the butternut to my daughter to fix this week. Next week I should get a melon or 2! I was disappointed that we didn't receive any of the yard long beans, those were scrumptious.

For those who haven't read my blog before, I signed up and paid a group of local organic farmers for a weekly stash of summer organic vegetables and sometimes melons each Saturday morning. The produce is fresh, local, organic, and delicious. Sometime in September or October, we can sign up for the winter produce, which of course I plan to do.

By the way, for those who live in the San Antonio area, the group that delivers the produce can be reached at:  Scott Arbor Farms

No comments:

Post a Comment